Are you ready to join a young and dynamic team on a mission to make a real impact on the world? At Energiebespaarders, we're on a mission to make 1.000.000 homes more sustainable by 2030. Our innovative digital platform connects homeowners with companies that install energy-saving products such as insulation, heat pumps and solar panels, and we're looking for a highly skilled and experienced Engineering Manager to join our team in Amsterdam.
What you'll be doing
As Engineering Manager, you'll play a critical role in the growth and development of our platform. You'll be responsible for aligning business goals with product goals, translating product strategy into measurable results and a clear product roadmap and setting team goals.
You'll also manage and mentor 4 developers and ensure the ongoing growth and success of our team. This role will report directly to the Head of Product and will play a vital part in recruiting more engineering talent.
Examples of projects you would be working on as our new Engineering Manager
- Help setting up a future-proof Product organization built on a strong strategy, architecture and talented engineers
- Further implementation and safeguarding of processes to improve communication and efficiency between the Business, IT and Operations
- Creating and improving tools for our installation partners to be used in their portal, which enable them to be more self-sufficient and significantly reduce lead times, errors and miscommunications
- Creating and improving tools for our own operational teams to optimize their workflows – speeding them up or making them less error-prone, or both.
We believe in a sustainable future built on sustainable living. We get up every morning believing we can change the way people retrofit their houses and consume and produce energy at home. We're making sustainable living accessible for everyone.
We started building our platform in 2015 and currently have 60+ colleagues helping customers, planning installations, designing and building modern software and keeping the platform running. Over 7 years later, our 6th (!) office is fully furnished and well-equipped for hybrid working (we enjoy seeing people at the office at least a few days a week). We've got great coffee, good music and a sunny terrace to enjoy!
Of course you'll be working closely with the Dev team, and will need to be able to help out in the codebase. Our platform runs on Google Cloud, using TypeScript NextJS/React for clients, Apollo GraphQL for the API, TypeScript NodeJS and Go for the back-end services and MongoDB for the database. We're leveraging Terraform for provisioning parts of our infrastructure, and currently implementing a modern data stack using ELT tools such as dbt and BigQuery.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Proven experience as Engineering Manager or similar role,
- A strong understanding of product development processes,
- Experience leading multi-stakeholder projects,
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills,
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience or affinity with sustainability and energy-saving measures would be considered an advantage.
In return, you'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible working hours, opportunities for career growth and development, a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, and the chance to work on a product that makes a real impact in the field of sustainability and energy conservation.
We find it important to emphasize that this role comes with the challenges of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company, but also with the benefits of making a serious difference with every sprint and the opportunity to take ownership over parts of the product or process and the corresponding results!
- Intro call with our recruiter – 30 mins
- Interview with the Hiring Manager – 1h
- A take-home assignment, followed by a technical debrief – 1h
- Final interview with the CEO & COO – 1h
Each interview will give you plenty of time to ask questions to your future team.
We believe in valuing the time of our candidates. We do not conduct interviews for the sake of formality, and we do not keep candidates waiting for an indefinite amount of time. In addition, we are committed to providing feedback to all candidates, regardless of the outcome of their application. Our goal is to reach a decision within a few weeks, although we aim to make this process even quicker.
Join our young and dynamic team and make a real impact on the world. Apply today and become a part of the Energiebespaarders team!